Sunday, January 2, 2011

Guess I have to get back into the swing of things....

Well Carter is feeling much better now, thank God, because that was an awful week or so of sickness! Unfortunately, tomorrow is back to real life, since I go back to school. I really wish that I could have enjoyed the break, but I am glad that I was off to take care of my sick little guy! Now to just break him of his new habit of sneaking into bed with mommy....

This is what all we did the end of the week, once the meds kicked in....

Went to visit GranPam at the hospital. We didn't go up to Dad's room, just to keep the germs away, and he was really tired anyways(thank you IV Benadryl). We walked over to the new Children's hospital and enjoyed the lobby there.





They had these cool bubble things on the ground that had gel inside, so when you put pressure on it it moved around.

They also have a little courtyard right off the lobby.



For New Year's we went to our friends Brad and Bri's house. They set up Brycen's pack n' play for Carter to crash in. I didn't get any pictures on my camera, but we were introduced to the Wii game Just Dance, and oh. my. word. the fun we had with that!! Too bad we don't own a Wii, or I would use it to work out to!

Just as I snapped the camera, he gave me a juicy kiss! Very into loving on momma since he has been feeling bad!





I made sure that all 3 of us ate black eyed peas so that maybe this year will be an awesome one!

Me and Bri
We met them for dinner last night and the boys(all 4 of them!) were play fighting

Little photo shoot to capture how handsome he looked in this outfit today before he outgrows it. He was moving the leaves out of the way to get to the dirt. And so it begins.



Dad has a bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday, so please pray that it will be clear of blast cells! Those are the bad guys. Not to be confused with the insurance company. His amazing oncologist has had his people working hard to convince Humana to let him be the official oncologist again, so that he will be able to do the transplant at Medical City as well, and it is looking like they are finally winning the battle! And the cord blood match they have waiting is a very good match, so we are singing praises for that! He has been doing pretty good, just dealing with a few side effects. Mom told me today that last night the meds he was given made him have crazy dreams and think he was hearing things, and when he kept sitting upright and looking behind him in the night she finally asked him what he was doing, and he said he thought he heard me talking! Christiaan said well you do talk loudly....may or may not be true!
So....we move back into the new normal that we fell into last year when Dad was gone so long. Keep praying for him....its working!

No comments:

Post a Comment