Saturday, April 23, 2011

Make sure you spell my name correctly on my Mother of the Year Trophy...

So we have moved into a whole new world of mobility...climbing.



Carter climbs on everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. The first thing that we saw him climb on and stand up on was his Mater car. Sure, he refuses to ride it as God intended, by sitting and pushing with his feet, but it makes a great step stool! I have yet to capture a picture of him standing on that, as he generally leaps/hurls himself off very soon after he reaches the top. I have been trying to keep my camera nearby to capture the moment of whatever mountain is the lastest climb.





This adorable chair....



...is not used for much more than another perch. Again, no pictures yet of him standing in it, as he swiftly moves from the chair to the coffee table or to his new toy shelf, which he apparently views as a jungle gym.



This is the box from the new toy shelves. Before I could take it out to the trash, he turned it over and spent a good portion of Sunday afternoon standing on it, taunting Libby.




Yes, he hurled himself onto the ball just after this...



Its a stage! For Libbers to watch me dance!!



Then he moved onto the couch. He commissioned the use of a small footstool and one of his push toys to climb onto the couch, then continued his way up to the back of the couch, where he laughed giddily at his accomplishment.




Things!! Things I am not supposed to touch!!





Aunt Karen told me Tuesday she looked over to see him sitting on her fireplace, which is not exactly close to the ground, and also not exactly composed of a soft material.





I realize this is all typical toddler behavior, but I am sure its a little frowned upon for a mom to sit back and laugh, regardless of the possible injury that is about to take place. But really, how many times can you say "Sit down ,Carter!" before you just decide to watch and see what happens. His crib is also about to be in great need of being lowered another level, since I have seen him throw his leg up in the air in an attempt to climb. He has had 3 minor bloody lips in the past 2 weeks, mostly from doing things he is not supposed to.






All this activity leaves me exhausted. He is also having some sleeping issues at night, not sure if its another round of teething or perhaps the ears still/again. Whatever it is leaves him coming out of a dead sleep to screech as though someone just snapped him with a rubber band. Usually he doesn't really wake up, but the other night he went to bed fairly early, then at 11:45 decided it was time to play. The cry it out method was failing me, so I turned to what helps me sleep....good ole Benadryl. Yeah, yeah, he's not a dog, he's a kid, but technically its ok for him to have it due to the residual itching from the rash or whatever he had.






Wednesday I had another Mom Fail, when I packed shorts and a t-shirt and sandals for him to wear, when it barely got above 60. I blame the Texas weather because Pete Delkus told me that the high was going to be 76. And then tonight he was practicing going up the ladder of his slide, and I taught him to go down head first and backwards also. See, I probably should not be encouraging that kind of behavior, since it is a serious offense on our playground at school.



But this kid....



Doesn't seem to be too affected by my motherly blemishes. Not yet at least. Check back in 17 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment