Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Fall 2014

Playing in a very welcome rainstorm

Well hello Jackson!

We had a party to celebrate Miranda's graduation from nursing school, at which we toasted her with a shot. Nothing like taking shots with your grandparents!

A rare semi-still moment for all three of these crazies

BFF's happened to coordinate one Sunday morning 

My new classroom was all ready for the first day of school!

Pick your battles. 

Again. 

And so it begins....she decided she needed mascara. "I peety!" she said.

Pre-school homework

A visit from Elan at Nana's house

Don't you sleep with your most prized possession?

With both kids asleep, Libby had no entertainment

Hot mess


Uncle Bubba came for a visit

We attempted dance classes. She did pretty well for a few weeks, then one week cried the whole time and did it the next couple weeks, so we dropped out. We will try again next time.

Plano hot air balloon festival. Delaney ate almost two whole entire corny dogs by herself! Warming up for the fair, I guess.

Photos by Carter....


Because, why not?

Checking out the dance studio before her first class

Seriously, this is the stuff of my dreams. 

Carter played soccer. I use the word "played" loosely, because for as excited as he was to play, when he took the field he just kind of ran around behind the pack chasing the ball. For some reason he wouldn't actually go after the ball.

But he sure was a cute little soccer guy!

"You fed your baby chili???"

"I hidin!"

We had to go watch Devin dance on the football field one last time

Of course Delaney loved it!

Where did time go?

Delaney is the same age as Devin was when I was in high school. How's that for full circle?

Grandpa sharing his ice cream with his favorite girl

GramPam got a new dog! This sweet pup was found by my school, and unclaimed by neighbors. When I saw how much she resembled Mom's old dog Cookie, who is like a legend in our family,  I knew she would be a good companion. She named her Mitzi.

Carter's little friend from school Eduardo was playing on the opposing team one game. He had been on an opposing baseball team in the spring, and they spent the whole game talking on the field!

I don't even....

My sweet Riley girl came with her mom to take our fall family pictures. I was missing my littles so much at this point that I cried when I saw her.

Matt successfully planned a surprise birthday dinner for Brooke and Christiaan and I were able to come and surprise her. 


He's like every Marvel character wrapped into one

The first cold spell. Obviously she hadn't adjusted to it yet, because when I put her in the car that morning she kept saying "Momma I so cold!" (Sidenote: this particular day I was pulled over on my regular commute. He wouldn't tell me why, just asked for my ID. He questioned me, didn't believe I was going to school to teach, not to attend high school. When he finally came back he changed his tune totally. I mean, come on. A Volvo SUV with two carseats in it?? Obviously a mom wagon)

Leighton's 2nd birthday

Those braids!

Soccer trophy from his stellar season of running up and down the field. Haha. 

She bought the dog a raincoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment