Wednesday, August 18, 2010

5 months old!

Carter turned 5 months on Saturday! I cannot believe how fast he is growing. He is working hard on cutting teeth, although I think it will probably be ahwile before any actually cut through. We spent the weekend without Christiaan, the first since before Carter was born. Christiaan is finally starting to recover from mono, and I think staying home helped that greatly even though we missed him terribly! On Saturday Carter and I went to Brooke's house to visit with her mom and the boys. Patsy was in town to stay with Jack and Brannan while Matt and Brooke got to take a vacation. This was the first time Patsy had met Carter! Jack starts kindergarten next week, and THAT I cannot believe! I would love to be a fly on the wall of that classroom! Brannan is very close to taking a few steps on his own, and Carter was watching his every move trying to figure out how to get down and move around. After that visit we went to Chay's 30th birthday bash. It was baby galore there! Their friends all had babies recently or are pregnant now. Miss Preslie is getting so close to making her appearance! Poor Meggie has reached a point of misery that only a woman who has been through it could understand. I hit that point during the week that Carter ended up being born! Sunday we went to church and had a great service and lunch with friends and family, then I spent the rest of the afternoon working in my classroom. I feel like that is a neverending job. I am still working to get it prepared for the students to come on Monday! Carter started going to Aunt Karen's house on Monday. He has been enjoying being spoiled and loved on over there. I am so glad that I have such awesome family that I can leave him with and not have to worry about what is going on while I'm at work! It has been good getting to know all the new teachers and new principal at our school this week. Looking forward to a great year! Tomorrow night is meet the teacher at my school, and I am excited to see all the kids. Still have a busy day of preparing! Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures of my room and post this weekend. Christiaan will be here this weekend so I can't wait for Friday!

These are blurry, and the ones with the flash give Carter crazy eyes, but they were too funny not to share. I gave him a biter biscuit for the first time, and well, see for yourself!


Yes!

Gimme another cookie or I'll hurt you

Needless to say, we took a bath after that. Yes, both of us.


The toes have successfully made it to his mouth

Five months old!

Grandma and Grandpa came by, and Grandpa and "Carter Roy"(as Grandpa calls him!) were dressed in the same green. You can really see how bald Carter has gotten with the exception of the center strip of hair!

Looking snazzy for church. This was the first time wearing his "Sperrys," which we actually found at Old Navy. I thought he was dressed like Christiaan!

No comments:

Post a Comment