Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy Bees


Well school is back in full force, and I am still trying to adjust to my schedule! Carter has been going to aunt Karen's house and loving it. She is getting him on a schedule, although he tends to buck it quite often and do what he wants. Shocker, I know! He has been quite an unhappy camper lately because his mouth is bothering him a lot. Which of course means little sleep for me, not good right at school time! He slept through the night all summer and then began waking up at all hours the week before in service! It is starting to get better, so hopefully he is getting some relief. His pal Brycen cut a tooth last week, and he is a month older so maybe Carter will get one soon! The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy, and it doesn't look to slow down much anytime soon. I love my new class though, we actually have a lot of sweet new kiddos in the school this year. This past weekend I went to the baby shower for my former co-teacher Amy McHugh. She is due to have Maggie the end of October. It was so good to see a few of the Vista girls from last year that aren't there anymore. I miss them so much! After that Christiaan and I went to the Ranger game with Shane, Kasi, Brad, Bri, Jason, and Chelsea. Mercy Me played a concert before the game. We had a great time, except that the Rangers played horribly and lost. Christiaan decided that I was the bad luck charm since every game I ever go, the teams lose! Grandpa also agreed with him. Uh like its me that is coaching. Then they would lose for sure. While we were at the game, Carter went with my parents and Micah and Aly to the Mesquite Rodeo. They said that it was a little loud for him at first, but then he spent a lot of time watching the horses, and even took a short nap! The most exciting thing that happened this weekend was that Preslie finally came! She made her debut at 12:40am Saturday, at 38 weeks just like I predicted! I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet, but she is so dang cute with a ton of black hair and kissable cheeks just like Carter had! I can't wait to see her! Congrats Meagan and Adam! Love you guys!

Still haven't thought to take any pictures of my classroom, but hopefully I'll remember soon! Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.

I got Carter this new bath seat and he wasn't too big a fan. I think he is still too little for it!

Rigged up seat in the bassinet so he could watch a movie in my room

Awesome. My kid is already beating up his friends! I love how it looks like Carter is telling Brycen, "Dude, quit hoggin' the camera space!" and Brycen is like "Why is this kid so mean?"

Aw, they made up and are holding hands! They are going to hate us for these pictures someday!

The boys. Christiaan, Shane, Brad, Jason

The girls. Me, Bri, Kasi, Chelsea

Taking in the rodeo!

See how natural that looks? :)

Vista girls! Gerri, Sarah, Amy, me(with jacked up hair), Deanna, and Katie. Love these girls!

The next 2 weekends Carter and I will be in Waco with Christiaan. Football season is officially here, and Christiaan will not miss his beloved Bears play! We haven't been there in about a month, and I am excited to see his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment