Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Classroom Pics(Finally!)

Ok just in case you were interested, here are some pictures that show the basic four walls that is my classroom this year! It was a lot of hard work since I had to move all my stuff from my downstairs room on one side of the building to this upstairs room on the other side of the building. It is kinda nice for Kasi and I to be on our own hallway, but I do miss being down with all the younger kids!


The wall to the left just inside the doorway. Couple of color changes on the behavior chart already that day! We have a pet Beta fish whose name is Alex. The hamster cage is(and will furthermore remain)empty. I just didn't have anywhere else to store it.

Pocket charts for their take home folders. The labeled drawers("S" and "U")are for sharpened and unsharpened pencils. Prevents the pencil sharpener from running ALL DAY LONG....


The other corner of that wall. The bookshelves hold all of my reading curriculum and a couple others random items. The table is primarily used for reading groups. My window looks out over the covered atrium play area. The owl was given to me by a fellow teacher(thanks Aly!) last year when I decided to do Carter's room in owls, and in our current living situation there is no room for him. So there he sits, and rumor has it that there are cameras in his eyes....


Writing center.


Reading corner. Both sides of the bookshelves hold books(which at that moment were spewing off the shelves). Thanks to Mom and Caleb for making the tree!


Tooth chart for lost teeth. This is a very exciting thing for them, and for some reason I love it too! They like to come to my class to pull their teeth! Also the chart for checking out my books and the job chart. I need to redo this set-up since I got 3 new kids! The CD player is multi-use, mostly for listening center.


And my corner, AKA the Abyss. It is organized chaos! I took these pics on my birthday, thus the gifts and flowers, but behind all that is a sink.

A view from the doorway. Yes, those uneven rows drive me nuts, but short of duct taping them to the floor(which I have considered) there is no controlling that. I change up the positioning of desks pretty often to spice things up a little bit. They have been moved at least once since this picture was taken! Overall I like the set-up of my room better than last year, it always seemed crammed and didn't seem to flow or something. But all the things that I didn't like about that one, I made a mental note not to do again!
So thats it. I am proud of my hard work! I hope it shows and that someone appreciates it because I spend a heck of a lot of time in that room!!

1 comment: