Sunday, October 10, 2010

The State Fair!

We have been very busy the last two weeks. Football season has added a lot of extra events to our schedule, and is currently ruling our travel schedule as well. Two weekends ago we went to Brad and Bri's to watch the Baylor game since we didn't get that channel at our house. Christiaan, Carter and I were all decked out in our Baylor gear.



Carter and Brycen also played with each other. They are becoming more and more interactive with each other. Well until Carter does something that makes Brycen scared or mad. Yes, I am afraid we have "that" child.



The next Tuesday was my birthday and Christiaan and Carter sent me the pretty flowers to school

That Friday was the day the Dad got in the accident, and after we checked on him and made sure that he was ok, Carter, Libby, and I headed to Waco. We had a full day of football Saturday, when we took Carter to his first Baylor game and then went to watch Julius play that afternoon. We stayed until Tuesday morning since I had 2 days off school. Monday I actually got out and did a little shopping for myself, something that I have not really done in a long time! But I realized that I must be totally lame in the fashion department, because everything that I tried on or bought was simple, plain cotton shirts with not a lot of color, and everything was on sale or clearance. I so wish that I had the energy to look cute everyday and wear jewelry, but it seriously just takes too much effort. I feel like an old lady because I am perfectly content to wear a plain colored tank top and a plain colored cardigan with jeans and sandals every day of the week. Am I crazy on this one?

We created shade for Carter using Christiaan's giant Baylor flag, and he slept a good chunk of the game with the fan on him! We on the other hand got a little cooked in the sun.


Carter with Uncle Jason at JuJu's game

Laughing at Nana

Jazzy

As usual, the last 3 days of the shortened school week were complete madness. Carter got his flu shot on Wednesday after school. I got 3 new students unexpectedly! I now have 16 in my class. Friday as soon as school was out I drove to Southlake to take Devin's pictures with her homecoming date. They all met up as a big group to exchange mums before the game. She has gotten sooo old!



Yesterday we took my parents to the Baylor-Tech game at the Cotton Bowl. It was an awesome game, very close, and mom and dad had a great time. They went home after the game and Christiaan and I stayed and walked around at the fair. We didn't get to do everything that we wanted to because it was so crowded, but I was satisfied just because I got to eat my corn dogs! Last year our first date was at the fair, so it was fun to get to go again when we were not both nervous to be around each other!

This old lady was standing in front of a house across the street from the fair. Her sign said "Granny's Parking House" and she was all dressed like Aunt Jemima!

This is for mom... the Tech band making the "T" during pregame

The Baylor team praying before taking the fieldMom and Dad all decked out in red and black


Howdy Folks!
The whole reason to go to the fair...Fletcher's!!

Our sorry attempt at a self portrait with Tex in the background

Hehe!

I have actually never seen this historical marker in all the years I have been to the fair.
We rode the DART train home. Christiaan was a little nervous since it was his first time. :)

At lunch today. I think this is my favorite picture of them ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment