Monday, December 6, 2010

Get a Cup of Coffee...

....this one is bound to get long winded!! Its been a few weeks since I have been able to sit down and get it together. So I will start with Thanksgiving week....


On the Tuesday before Thanksgiving we went with the Pruitt's and the Malone's to the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord. This is the second year in a row we have gone, and we decided to try to make it a tradition now. Last year we went to the Grinch show, but I think the Charlie Brown this year was even more awesome! It is so dang cold in there!





This was probably my favorite scene, not sure why! I just like Snoopy's house all decorated. I guess because Libby reminds me of Snoopy, the way you can tell she is thinking crazy things.

Group shot! Shane and Kasi brought Raygen this time, and she loved it! She was so excited to go down the slide, until it actually came time to, then she cried and they practically had to push her down it, then she loved it and wanted to go down 3 more times!

Ok, I could live at the Gaylord. I mean, I don't even have to have a room, just give me a tree to myself or something. And at Christmas they decorate it so beautifully. I have been fortunate enough to stay there twice now, and it just amazes me still.


The next morning, Carter and I met Brooke and the boys at Firewheel to shop and have lunch. As per usual, Brooke got lost on the way there, despite the efforts of her GPS, furthering Jack's belief that his Auntie Aud lives 3 hours away. Someday he will realize that is mother is somewhat directionally challenged, and discover that most everything he is familiar with is actually a short car ride away! Love ya Brookie! :)
The boys(well the younger 2!)look significantly bigger than the last picture like this!


Coolest. Kid. Ever.
Seriously, the funniest little dude I have ever been around, and I miss his "Jackisms" terribly. If you have not had the pleasure of meeting him, you don't know what you are missing out on!

The Lego table at the Carter's store was a big hit.

When Christiaan got off that afternoon, we headed out Griswold style to Waco. When we got there, Nana had bought Carter a Christmas gift and decided that he needed it now. Carter yelled at us while we were putting it together and here had thought Christiaan needed some help with assembly.

And he's off!! He runs across the room with Dino! This thing is giving him great walking practice, and when he gets that down solo, the legs snap together to make it a riding toy. Thanks Nana!

Also, Nana has giant Legos at her house. He likes them a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Helping Nana cook




This outfit is the first baby item that I bought. At the time, it seemed like it would be forever until it fit, and now a year later, it does!


Ok, so here's the story. Christiaan essentially had no kitchen items, so we found a great after-Thanksgiving deal on some good pans and utensils, and were so excited we decided to cook spaghetti for our first dinner there! Well, after I got the new pans washed and ready to use, I realized we had no can opener or knife to use to make the sauce, so off to the nearest grocery store he goes. Then, I realized as the food was ready, um we have no plates. Fortunately we had also picked up some disposable bowls, thus the fancy table setting. The important thing is, Christiaan is HERE!! And he is pretty much moved in, and we have since dug my plates out of storage.

Brycen and Carter both drinking bottles in the church nursery. An uncommon sight, as Carter has decided that he is too big to drink a bottle, and would just like to eat everything in sight, thankyouverymuch.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before he figures these cribs out


One of his favorite things to play with is the laundry basket. This is a classic Carter face.
Well, that's all the pictures I have uploaded recently. There is a whole bunch more from this past weekend where we worked the C3 booth at Rowlett's tree lighting ceremony. This month is booking up right fast with all the Christmas festivities and various birthday parties.

Y'all say a prayer for me tomorrow, as I am riding a school bus of 60 1st and 2nd graders to Ft. Worth and back to see the play Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at Casa Manana. Fun as they may be, that is a lotta kids in a confined space for a long period of time! One of my girls asked me last week if I could call Casa Manana and find out if the part of Rudolph will be played by an actual reindeer, or just a costumed person, because plays with only people are sometimes boring, and having a real life reindeer would make it interesting. After all, at her church during Christmas programs they have live sheep, and that is in a church building! Then today she asked to see the tickets so that she could make sure it actually started at 10:30 like we told them. How do you even respond to that?? I love it.

Anywho, sorry for the long break from blog world, and for the length of this one. Oh, and the reason the last post was only a ridiculously cute picture is that I was attempting to figure out how to blog from my iPhone. I couldn't figure out how to attach words to the picture. Hopefully I will figure that out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment