Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How to get banned from the Children's Museum

Emily invited Carter and I to meet her and Molly at the Children's Museum at Fair Park last Thursday. I have never been there but have heard it is perfect for their age so I was really looking forward to it! They have several different things for the kids to do, and it was all right up Carter's alley!


You could "milk" this cow, which kinda oogs me out, but at least it was just water.



This was an area that had holes in the floor and you put balls in the holes and they rolled through a track and out a hole. It had something to do with being seeds and then there were buckets of fruit and veggies too. The balls just so happened to be exactly the size of Carter's mouth....


This is the water table. It was really cool! Carter and Molly both loved it, and refused to wear the plastic smocks, which were rather large for them.


This thing rocked back and forth and the balls rolled around. Carter spent several minutes beating on the glass trying to get the balls.



Looking out of the fire truck




Sliding down the back of the fire truck




He and Molly spent a good deal of time driving the fire truck!



And this was his favorite part. You held the button for about a minute and the hot air balloon floated up. He kept going back to it.




And that is where the pictures stopped because I was too mortified to remember to use my camera.


So he was running out of the water room and a lady was walking in, and she didn't see him and he ran into her leg and fell over. He started fussing and she bent down and picked him up and was comforting him, and my little angel reached back and slapped the poor lady across the face and shouted "NO!!" So naturally I picked him up and was scolding him for hitting, and he leaned over and bit my face. I could see the face of the lady sitting nearby and her jaw just kept dropping. He has NEVER done anything like that to us, much less a stranger, and I felt so horrible. Emily was fortunate enough to miss the whole incident, but heard the aftermath when she passed the lady and overhead her telling someone "Did you see that baby just slug me?"


We didn't stay too much longer.


But thanks Emily for continuing to hang out with us, even though my son will clearly not be a good influence on your sweet, calm Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment