Thursday, August 11, 2011

My last days of freedom

Last week we spent a lot of time with Dad at the hospital, as he is getting hit hard with some strong chemo and we were trying to cram in as much Carter-Grand Dude time as we could before his counts dropped. Chandler made Dad this sign for his room and gave him a Nerf dart gun to shoot at the blasts!




Carter high-fiving Grand Dude


Riding the "carousel" animals in the hospital lobby


Carter and I also stopped by VBS one night, which I was supposed to be helping teach, but it was too crazy of a week. Carter was totally into the songs and tried to do everything the older kids did.


Last Friday night we had a girls night with some of my co-workers at Painting with a Twist. Since we all know that I am seriously lacking in the creativity category, I was interested to see how this went since they say its so easy a kid can do it.


We were painting irises I think, I'm not sure. Somewhere along the way the instructor said that my grass and flower stems resembled snakes, and then my flowers were about 3 times the size they were supposed to be and he said they looked like sea urchins.


Group shot. See how huge my flowers are?? But hey, Megan gave up and painted tulips, at least I tried to stay on task!


Then on Saturday night I met up with my Keller friends for a girls night in Southlake. Chay had arranged it all in celebration of her 31st birthday. We had pool time at the Hilton, then got ready and had dinner at Campania's. I forgot how scrumptous their calamari is! Brooke and I scarfed it down so fast! One of the girls gave Chay this Harry Potter scarf, which Chay proclaimed that it was the best birthday present ever.....Not sure about that one!


After dinner we headed over to a little place in Town Square that has a tee-niny dance floor, where we promptly took it over. It was like a flashback 3 or 4 years, and it was fantabulous. So much so, that my toes are still numb from wearing heels, thanks to that awesome hereditary nerve disorder.

Paige, Meagan, Brooke

My P.I.C.

Chay, Kristin, and Kim




Later in the evening..... :)

Thanks Chay for planning an AWESOME and much needed night of just girls! And thanks to Aunt K for keeping Carter!


I have spent 2 days this week at school trying to get settled into my new classroom, which stresses me out to the max. If I have to move again after this year, the men in white coats will have to take me away! But its getting there, and as soon as I'm done I'll post pictures of all my new masterpieces I have made. We start inservice on Monday....where did my summer go??

No comments:

Post a Comment