Monday, September 12, 2011

El Weekend O'Fun

After these ridiculous first three weeks of school, I definitely needed this past weekend! Kasi and I have our work cut out for us this year, and that is putting it lightly I think. I mean, she had only been back from maternity leave for 3 days when she was fighting tears by the end of the day! We are working hard to establish all our boundaries, and each day seems to get (ever so slightly)better. Oh and this past week was made especially tiresome because Carter was getting his top 2 eye teeth and OH MY LORD at all the screaming at night. After 3 very sleepless nights, I was ready to call in sick just to get some sleep. Thank God that on Thursday they finally broke through and we were both able to sleep.

So when Friday rolled around, I was so looking forward to all the activities on the calendar. Friday night we hung out at Jason and Chelsea's ridiculously gorgeous new house to celebrate Kasi's birthday. I will have to steal pictures from Kasi, but we had delicious food and a great time watching the kids play with each other. Their house is 2 story, which is awesome because now the guys can go upstairs and us girls can chat while not sitting around the kitchen table!

Saturday morning Carter and I slept in a little to catch up on lost sleep, and then headed to Keller for Brannan's birthday party. I feel like he just had his first birthday! Carter enjoyed the pool and playing with friends. And all the balloons. And the cupcakes.

Matt and Brannan on the slide

Carter's turn

Eh...not so much a fan of the water slide. Maybe next year!

Carter, Bentley and Preslie hung out a lot at this end of the pool

Preslie is standing!! Big girl!

Try number two was not so successful either

Despite the fact that neither one was very fond of actually going down the slide, Carter and Bentley kept climbing up the stairs


I feel the need to explain why my kid was white trashing it with just the swim diaper on....you see, all of our swim gear is buried in a heap of beach trip related items that were never fully unpacked at Christiaan's place due to the lack of immediate need. His suits are both there, and I'm not entirely sure that either would fit anymore since he has grown in the last couple months. I was not about to purchase swim trunks for one party.


Happy 2nd birthday Bran!

Carter basically grabbed the cupcake out of my hand before I got the liner all the way off and shoved it into his mouth. I have no idea where he gets this from.



Exactly how else do you expect me to eat this thing??

Bentley was a little more delicate in eating her cupcake. And she literally had a napkin in one hand to wipe the other one off!

Uncle Mattie took Bran and Carter for a ride



After the party Carter and I went home and spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa. That boy knows when to turn on the charm and perform when he has an audience. Although I don't hear any complaints from the grandparent department!


When Christiaan got off we headed to Grapevine to meet my Keller friends at the Glass Cactus to celebrate Meagan's birthday. It was a total surprise for her! Which was a feat in and of itself, seeing as how the main people planning it were Brooke and Chay, and Brooke may or may not be the world's worst liar, and Chay isn't much better! They did an awesome job of pulling it off!


Chay, Brooke, and Rachel

The birthday girl herself!



My sweet Christiaan actually got out on the dance floor! Although he will deny it and I have no photographic evidence. But I think he actually had a good time. I wish we could go dancing more. He definitely saw a side of me that doesn't come out much anymore! :)

(I am fully aware that I look preggo in this picture. I am going to attribute that to the fact that I am friends with some of the world's skinniest women who have previously given birth. God has clearly blessed them.)

Funny story. We had taken over an area on the gorgeous patio deck and were hanging out talking when Christiaan noticed the TV showing the awesome cover band playing inside.....and said "Hey, isn't that Meagan on the stage??"

Apparently the band had invited all those present that were celebrating birthdays or bachelorette parties, and they got a little more than they bargained for....so funny!!!

Happy birthday Meabs!! So so glad we were able to help celebrate your big 3-0!!!

A late night of fun led quickly to an early morning for church. We are now attending the 9am service since Christiaan has to be at work at 11, but then I had nursery duty at the later service. Carter was rocking himself in this chair and Brycen tried to climb up. He was having trouble getting his legs under himself, so Carter pulled his head to help him! After I quit laughing, I helped Brycen up and they sat together for the longest time.





Hugs!



They are both in this silly phase where this is the face they make for a camera. They are too funny.

Thank goodness for fun weekends to release my stress from the school week!

No comments:

Post a Comment