Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

On Saturday I decided I was brave enough to take Carter to the pumpkin patch by myself. Its just down the street, and generally not crowded, and I had noticed they still had a good supply of decent pumpkins left. Even though he was lacking in the nap area that day, he was super excited to see all the pumpkins!

We moved quickly away from the tinier pumpkins and towards the larger ones that he was less able to pick up, as I was afraid I would spend my paycheck paying for pumpkins my kid threw and broke.




They had a pallet of gourds, none of which were red or remotely round, yet Carter insisted on calling them apples.












Squealing as he realized he was in a sea of pumpkins










I put him in the middle of a pallet in an attempt to get a good shot, and when he fell between the slats I couldn't help but take a picture before picking him up :)


So since he couldn't lift these huge guys, he just pushed them over.....


It wasn't me, I swear


This thing is so lumpy!


Sweet face





We ran into Mrs. Sue, my friend Melissa's mom, at the patch, and before she left she bought him a pumpkin and left it at the front for him. He was so excited to have one of his own that he could carry around! He has shown it to anyone that has walked into the house, and carried it around that whole night.


Do you notice a theme in these pictures?? He refused to look right at me.



Monday nig-cht we had trunk or treat at our church. We dressed Carter up as a cowboy, for lack of other creative ideas, and the fact that I was not willing to waste money on a costume that he would refuse to wear. But I think that he turned out looking pretty darn cute!


We borrowed Uncle Bubbles' (Caleb) rubber band gun that my grandpa made him, since it has a "C" cut in it.





And the hat is dumped. At least I got a couple of pictures!

Jason and Chelsea had their car set up next to ours, and Carter was obsessed with their game. We tried for the first 2 hours to keep him out of the water, but eventually he was digging stuff out of the bottom and we ended up stripping him down before we left because he was soaking wet.


Brycen was also a cowboy!


He is very into "tendy" now. Sugar freak!

Carter and I took a ride on the hayride, which I thought might scare him, but he ended up joining in the older kids' chant of "faster! faster!"





Christiaan and I dressed in all camo. He went and found me a camo shirt and hat, so this was the best we could do in the costume department. Hey, I got a new hat out of it! :)

So Halloween this year was more of a success than last year. No major screaming meltdowns due to a costume freak out. And our trunk or treat was very successful too! Ready to move on to November and the beginning of the holiday season!


One last thing.....according to my blogger stats, someone searched "dart gun for animals" and was linked to my blog....say what??



No comments:

Post a Comment