Friday, November 25, 2011

Trying to be thankful

Yesterday sucked. There's not really any other way to describe it. Obviously the main reason was because Daddy wasn't there, but other factors compounded on that....Christiaan had to work, I came down with a stomach virus the night before, and Carter fell and busted his lip pretty good. Last night I lay in bed trying really hard to think of reasons I should still be thankful despite all the doom and gloom, and I think writing them out will help solidify them in my brain so my thoughts don't immediately go to sad ones.



  • Its been one year this week since Christiaan moved here

  • My daddy got to be a part of our wedding. God totally orchestrated the whole thing. I'm trying to wrap my brain around it all still, and I'm writing it out to post on the blog so that I don't forget how it all happened.



  • My boss and coworkers have been amazingly understanding and helpful while I've been out for the last almost 2 weeks. They just stepped in and handled things in my classroom and I have not worried about one thing.



  • My son is (relatively) healthy and more than happy. I've been watching him put Froot Loops into the mouth of a happy meal toy penguin and pouring them out for the last 20 minutes. How much more content could he be?



  • I have totally awesome friends. Not sure why people are so nice to me.



  • My family has actually gotten closer, if that was even possible



  • I have a job, period, and it pays the bills. Well mostly.



  • Our faith family at church is incredible, and I leave church feeling so uplifted every time. No drama, No fighting over what people are wearing or what songs we are singing, just honest pure worship. C3 celebrated one year this past month, and I am amazed at how it has grown. We have met some awesome new friends through church.

  • As I have been a lazy bum today due to not being quite over this stomach virus, I have spent most of my day watching Carter play or helping him shoot Nerf darts. He has even let me snuggle with him quite a bit! Even though I feel like crap pretty much, I am thankful for this day with my boy just to enjoy being around him. He is growing up way too fast and I am not doing a very good job of journaling his maturing.

I am sure there is much more that I could list out but like I said, I am having a hard time being very glass half full right now. This last 2 weeks have been incredibly hard, and I think it will get worse before it gets better. Please pray for our family, especially my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment