Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm so fired.

I know. Its been a ridiculous amount of time since my last post of any worth. I am not even going to pretend that I have very good excuses for leaving out a 2 month chunk of my poor kid's life, although the list is long and includes things like....thousands of riveting 2nd grade papers to grade....packing up my mom's ENTIRE house, then unpacking it....a camera battery charger that went MIA somewhere in the packing...Carter having the flu, then strep and an upper respiratory infection back to back...and of course the mind-boggling experience of planning a wedding.


Y'all.


I totally get why people elope.


Somewhere in all this Carter turned 2. Although by the way he acts, you would think he had been 2 forever. I would love to post pictures of his party, but my computer has decided that it is not friends with my DSLR and refuses to recognize its existence. And for my latest excuse for lack of blogging?? We found out yesterday that the apartment we moved into does not get the internet because it is so far out in the boonies!

So yes, Carter has turned 2, but not before we spent most of spring break and the week before that miserable with his illnesses, and he is keeping us moving more than ever. His favorite things to do are to climb on everything, playing baseball with his real glove, and he is super into motorcycles for some reason. He cracks us up when he says his signature words and phrases like "I hide" which he says as he is trying to weasel his way into any tiny crevice, "I hang" which he says when he sees any surface that he might possibly hang from, and says words like whatacle(motorcycle). He has taken to saying "AMEN!!" just before he eats, as soon as he sits down at the table. No prayer needed, just amen is sufficient apparently.

And then there are the mi mi's. Oh, the mi mi's. Most people know these as pacifiers, binkies, paps, whatever, Carter's are called mi mi's. And there are many of them stashed in various places, none of which I can ever find when searching, but he seems to go straight to. Unfortunately the type he prefers are no longer sold at Target or Walmart even, so I tried to replace them with another version of the same brand. Nope, wouldn't have it. He considers those as a last resort if none of the others are to be found. They drive me INSANE because he will beg incessantly for one, but lord knows he doesn't need it! I have tried to limit him to only having them in the car and at bedtime, and I think this summer they will make their way to mi mi heaven, but I haven't figured out the best way to make that happen yet.

In 2 weeks we will officially(legally!) be married. I am in the panic attack a day stage, trying to make sure that everything has been covered. Planning a wedding is actually not as fun and romantic as you dream about! Especially when you have a limited budget, a smallish church sanctuary, and extensive family and friends to invite! We have been blessed in many areas of the planning part, and I am surrounded by wonderful girlfriends who always are there to give me the best advice. I am just ready for the day to be here so that I can't sit around and stress about anything anymore!

So my goal is get back into regular blogging once the wedding is past us, and especially once summer is here. 34 more days til school is out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment