Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2 Months Old

On Friday Carter turned 2 months old. We went to the doctor and his new stats are 10 lbs 9 oz, 22 in long. He moved up to the 25th percentile! Sounded like pretty good progress until I found out that Molly, whom he shares a birthday with, weighed in at 12 lbs! Poor baby got 5 shots, but he did pretty good since it was feeding time and I had a bottle ready to go. Friday night after Spring Sing at my school we headed out to make our first solo trip to Waco. I was exhausted and totally stressed by the time we got there, but the drive went pretty good. Saturday we went to Christiaan's company picnic. We also had a great visit with his family, and they were excited to see Carter since it has been a month and he sure has changed since then! It wasn't a long enough weekend though. While I was in Waco I got the awesome news that my cousin Brandon and his wife Nora just found out they are expecting! Congrats to you guys and I am super excited! Sorry I didn't get many pictures this weekend, but I was running on steam (and mass quantities of coffee!)so I didn't really think about it.


In case anyone is interested, which you had better be or else, here are some things that Carter is doing these days:

  • Smiling and letting out little laughs
  • "Talking." He is really becoming animated!
  • Watching cartoons and anything else that sings and is colorful on TV(I know, neglectful Mommy I am! But hey, he likes it...)
  • My mom taught him to sing while she pats his mouth, and he makes the funniest noises when she does that

  • Sleeping longer through the night! Hooray! Not consistently, but definitely a start!

On another note....10 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!! This seriously makes me so happy I could cry. I am so ready to be in a cool swimming pool and for my alarm to not go off at 5 AM!


Watching TV. I believe this is Simon's sour puss on American Idol.


2 months old!



I don't know what he stores in these cheeks of his!



These are Christiaan's co-worker Christina's twin girls. They were fascinated by Carter and kept trying to share their sippy cups and give him kisses!


That's all folks! Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you finally updated!! I love hearing Carter updates!!

    ReplyDelete