Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer is Here!!!


I am proud to announce that my little man is officially a water bug like his mama!! You have no idea how happy it made me that he throroughly enjoyed being in his float in the pool. I truly was worried that I would not be able to spend time at the pool, my absolute favorite summertime activity. After much search and frustration, Christiaan found a swimsuit at Baby Gap that would fit Carter. I was beginning to wonder if I was a neglectful mother for putting a 2 month old in a pool since suits so small were hard to come by, and the diaper companies don't seem to feel the need to make swim diapers so small. As soon as Carter got in his float he leaned back and totally relaxed! He even started to doze off, until he realized that it was close to eating time. On Saturday we went to a pool party at Brycen's BeBe's house, then Sunday and Monday we hung out with Aunt Karen and Uncle Drew. I have a feeling we will be crashing their pool a lot this summer!

Tomorrow is my last day of school(well with kids at least), and let me tell you, as much as I have learned that I LOVE teaching, good Lord am I glad for the year to be over! Definitely has been a fun, crazy, learning experience, and I think that I have been thrown just about every curve ball that one could be thrown in a year of teaching, and then some maybe. Not how would have ever pictured my first year, but awesome nonetheless. I am honestly going to miss my kids next year!


My little piglet has started sleeping longer at night, through the night most nights! I sure hope he keeps it up! He gets more and more vocal and animated every day. This past week he has discovered some weird new cry that freaked me out. This weekend we are going to Waco to spend Christiaan's birthday there with him. So excited to see everyone there! Hopefully I will remember to take more pictures this trip than the last!

Sorry for the picture vomit....oh who am I kidding, no I'm not! Isn't that why you people read this blog anyways?? :)








First time in the Bumbo

Oh how I love that smile!


First swim


Passed out on Aunt Aly after swimming






1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Audrah!! He's getting so big and he is absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete