Monday, July 19, 2010

So the weekend quickly escaped me and I never sat down to report the newest stats from Carter's doctor visit on Friday morning. Here's the latest:

Weight-13lb 13oz(25th percentile still)
Length-24 3/4 in(50th percentile)
His head circumference is only in the 12th percentile, which I thought odd since our family is known for our large heads, but Mom says she thinks we all had small heads when we were young. Somewhere between infancy and adolescence we outgrew the head circumference of our peers, because I had the biggest hat size in the high school drill team. Anyways.

(P.S.-when do they move from measuring it as "height" as opposed to "length"? When they can stand?)

Awaiting the arrival of the evil lady with the hurty pokey things

Carter was a smiley baby until the doctor moved him around for his exam, and then he really got hacked off when she looked in his ears, so by shot time he was already not a happy camper. A little more drama than the last round of shots, but nothing a half dose of Tylenol and a bottle didn't fix! He was a little fussy this weekend due to the shots, but no fever thank goodness.

Friday night we went to watch Christiaan, Micah, and Aly play on the church co-ed softball team. I was concerned that Carter would get overheated, seeing as how the temperature that day was not unlike sitting on the surface of the sun, so along with his personal battery-powered fan I placed gel ice packs underneath a receiving blanket and put them behind his back in the stroller. He lasted the whole 3 games we were there, so I guess it was successful!


Vegged out holding onto an ice pack

Saturday night Carter got some Daddy time, and I went to my high school class reunion. I cannot believe it has been 10 years already! It was strange to see all those people again, but ended up being pretty fun.


This is Emily. She was one of my best friends in high school, and her baby is Molly that has been in several pictures with Carter. They are birthday buddies. I figured it was about time I posted a picture of Emily since her baby has been on here so much!


I finally got a little better picture of Carter with his bear! He's catching up with the bear! It's actually harder to get him to sit still now that he can somewhat hold himself up. He reaches for things and falls over, but he is doing really good practicing! In these next few pictures, he sat like this talking to his animals for almost 10 minutes.



You're a weird looking bird....

And your eyes are really big....


And a blue elephant that plays music when you pull his tail? Seriously, who makes these toys??


Have a good week, ya'll!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love this post and our lives have gone from staying up all night together to staying up all night with babies!!!!!!! :) Can't wait to add Preslie to the mix!

    ReplyDelete