Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We're Back!

Well our week in Waco came to an end today. :( Very busy week and weekend that we had! This time I finally remembered to take lots of pictures! We got there Tuesday afternoon and Carter and I did a whole lot of nothing during the days, while Christiaan was at work. I studied some for my PPR test(that I take tomorrow afternoon, say a prayer!), but mostly just relaxed and hung out. Saturday we went to the wedding of Christiaan's friend(where I got no pictures of us all gussied up), and then met his brother Jason and his niece and nephew to watch fireworks. At the celebration, Christiaan's mom won a huge box of fireworks! Thanks Nana! We were worried that the fireworks would be too loud for Carter, but he actually liked them! The show was super long, especially for small town Speegleville! Sunday we went to church and then met the rest of the family at his aunt and uncle's house for lunch and swimming. Then we went to downtown Waco and watched the fireworks show from Christiaan's work parking lot. It was really neat because they shoot the fireworks at the old bridge on the Brazos River. Once again, Carter enjoyed the show! Monday was spent sleeping in and then we went to a cookout at our friends' Rex and Donna's house. Here are some(or a lot!) pictures from our trip.

Thanks for the cool shirt Auntie Brooke!

Practicing tummy time. His neck is getting very strong!

Crashed

Being entertained by Julius

He somehow kept sticking his wrist through that red ring

A mouthful of sweet potatoes! Carter has been eating them for a little over a week now, and has moved on to green beans, both of which he seems to love! No complaints yet, but I am sure that I will find something he doesn't like eventually!

Sidenote: I noticed that it looks like he spends a lot of time in that bouncer...I promise I don't force him to sit there all the time, its just that its a convenient place for feeding, playing, napping, pictures.....he has also been practicing sitting up!

I know its blurry, but check out the crazy hair!

Jasmin playing with sparklers before the fireworks show

Talking to Nana

:)

Funny story.....Christiaan told Julius to make a funny face and point in this picture, and just as I was snapping the picture a huge June bug flew across Julius' forehead! He had no idea, but Christiaan saw it and was ducking. Check out the close up shot of Ju Ju...

This was the face that Carter was making at the fireworks! How many dang chins can one baby have??

With Jazzy and Ju Ju on the Fourth

Once again with the big eyes!

Hope you had a good Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, Audrah! I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

    ReplyDelete