Sunday, May 15, 2011

In which we build a tent

And by "we" I mean my brothers and Christiaan, under the supervision of my dad.

A few years ago my parents put up a temporary/permanent canopy that covered the back patio, thus giving a nice shady area, and also helping reduce the heat level in the den and kitchen during the summer. That one bit the dust during an extreme wind storm, and the replacement lasted a couple of years until our crazy snow/ice earlier this year. We decided to give my dad an early Father's day present so he can sit on the patio while he is home.

Carter helped too






He thought it was a tunnel!











It took 6 of us to move it!



Ta daa!! This weekend our CG at church is coming over to help with the flower beds and to redo the fish pond that was also destroyed by the harsh weather. I can't wait to see what it looks like all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment