Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Name!

Well I finally came up with a new blog name.  And good grief, if you know us at all, you know how fitting it is! 

Since it wouldn't be fair to Delaney if the blog was named after her brother, I have been racking my unclever brain to come up with some cutesy name to change it to, possibly something involving our last name. But alas, nothing ever came to me.....until the last couple of weeks when I finally resided myself to the fact that maybe our lives would never be "normal."  Not normal in the sense that most young families know, at least.  My life has always been a bit chaotic, but it was always just me, I never really dragged anyone else into it. And through every stage of mine and Christiaan's relationship I keep thinking.....well when he moves here....when we get engaged....when we get married.....when we get our own house.....

But by now we have reached each of those stages except getting a house, and it seems like each step brings its own version of crazy, or sometimes steps it up a notch.  My mom has always told Christiaan that one day he would see what normal looked like in our family, but I think we have yet to find that again.  Its actually one of the big reasons that my dad was so fond of Christiaan, because of the fact that he walked into this relationship without a second thought of what all he was being asked to take on at the time.  That and the fact that he knew just how passive a man it would take to corral me and my, ahem, flair for the dramatics....

Just to give you an idea of what I mean by crazy, here's a short run-down of events of the last 3 years....
-found out I was pregnant with Carter (and a whole slew of crazy that went along with that)
-Dad was diagnosed with leukemia, the same week mom found out she needed a hysterectomy
-my uncle almost died from pneumonia, the same week mom had surgery
-Carter was born
-the day we were released from the hospital, Grandpa was admitted and almost died the next day
-Christiaan got mono
-Christiaan moved here
-my Nannie broke her hip
-Dad relapsed, thus beginning 11 months of one horrible event after another
-Carter had surgery for ear tubes
-we got engaged
-Christiaan's Nanny died
-Aunt Karen's GiGi died
-we got married
-Dad died
-all the stuff with Mom's house being renovated, and we all had to move out, right after Christiaan had given up the lease on his apartment
-we had our official wedding
-got pregnant with Delaney, and since about week 25 she has been stirring up trouble herself

So there you go. And that's just the major events, thrown in the mix were multiple bouts of illnesses with all three of us, and other regular life struggles.  I know everyone has their problems, but I dare you to tell me that we haven't been through the ringer these last couple of years.

Maybe one day our lives will be normal, but then we will probably be bored. 

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the crazy.  But you know what??? Through a crazy amount of prayer and some leaps of faith, I'm still breathing, we have made it through each event, and are better because of or in spite of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment