Friday, November 2, 2012

So about that 1%

Umm. Yeah.

Well that was Wednesday's news.

Polyhydramnios. Too much amniotic fluid. Who the hell?? Oh yeah, one percent. Me.

At this point it's a mild case, thank goodness, but it apparently justifies being monitored more closely. It seems to be the reason behind the frequent Braxton hicks(or what I thought were just BH), which could be the cause of the other news from yesterday...my cervix got shorter since they checked it two weeks ago. It's just over the normal length range, but the fact that it got so much shorter in two weeks is more reason to be monitored.

My main concern, obviously, is for The Diva's well-being, and as the doctor explained, most all mild cases are unexplained and have no effect on the baby. But possible reasons could be due to a large baby which she is not, mother having diabetes which I won't even go there again, and genetic disorders. I pretty much checked out after she said those two words, despite her saying out of four sonos they have done, she shows no indications of any. but as a mom, it's the holy crap moment you pray to never experience.

There are also a whole host of possible complications, most of which lead to pre-term labor and/or emergency c-section, but I'm choosing not to think about those since she said its considered mild as of now.

So I will go back in two more weeks for another sono to check on both of these issues, with the stern instructions to sit and rest as much as possible in the meantime and don't underestimate any small change in any symptoms I've been having. Any changes could lead to bed rest, and no part of my life has time for that nonsense. It's looking more and more like I'll be lucky to get to 38 weeks, but who knows. She's my child after all, she could very well give us all these fits and be two weeks late!

I do totally feel justified in feeling so swollen and distended, and it explains why my belly is so much bigger than with Carter. And again, the sono tech did a 3d one and actually got a shot of a smile before she replaced her hand dramatically across her face!


Thank God for technology. And sorry it is sideways.

2 comments:

  1. Of, course, Audrah. Me and You. We always seem to fit right into the 1%. In the meantime, I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying that you make it to 40, at least 35+ weeks! And praying that in all, everything is perfectly fine with baby and you can have peace of mind at some point that nothing else is going on!

    ReplyDelete