Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bluebonnets and a baby shower

A couple Sundays ago my mom and I attempted to take the kids' pictures in the bluebonnets.  Which is not so very easy when you are talking about photographing a very active 3 year old, and a 3 1/2 month old that can't sit up yet. We did get a few decent ones, and maybe next year will be a bit easier. 
 
 

He fell over while squatting down to pose, and in true Carter fashion he hammed it up and started "steamrovering" as he calls it. I was begging him to get up, before the bluebonnet police showed up and ticketed us for brazenly demolishing protected flowers. Who monitors that, anyways??



Mom fail....forgot the baby's hairbow...




Yes I am aware of the shadow, but the poor girl couldn't open her eyes

And somewhere amongst these bluebonnets lies that cute tie. It fell off while he was running around, and although Mom and I searched for it, the dang thing just so happens to be the exact color as this field of flowers, and at some point we decided it was worth the $7 loss to just leave it. Except that he keeps asking for it.


He refused to take a picture with me....

Last weekend we had Aly's shower at C3.  We went with a baseball theme, and it turned out cute! It was so fun seeing all her gifts for Jackson. Can't wait for him to get here!

Drink table

Food table and clothesline of stuff for Jackson

Mom helped me make the diaper cake, and she did and awesome job




Yes, my son is wearing cowboy boots with shorts and a baseball t-shirts. Pick your battles.


No comments:

Post a Comment