Sunday, May 19, 2013

May, so far

Excuse the randomness of this post.
Snuggles on our bed on a Saturday morning

We hosted our first get together of our church friends.

Where we were blessed to meet Titus, fresh in from Uganda, and surprised with Brycen's announcement! What is so special about this picture to me, is that almost exactly one year ago we took a picture of all the kids. At that get together, Jason and Chelsea announced they were pregnant with Leighton, and days later we found out we were pregnant, and Shane and Kasi has just begun the adoption process. So in one year, three more babies and one more on the way!

Odd picture, I know, but if you look closely on the pink blanket you can see Delaney's first knot. I actually had to comb a knot out of the back of her hair!

First bath together. Carter wasn't too fond of sharing his space, and Delaney was a little confused about sitting in the seat.


I'll have to dig out a picture of me from my mom's house, but as soon as I took this I was shocked at how much it looks like my baby pictures. Everyone always says how much she looks like Christiaan, and she does, but she definitely resembles me at that age a LOT!

We spent a Saturday visiting my aunt Shannon and cousins, and I went out to see Brooke. The kids had a blast with my cousins.

Carter kept Chloe busy

OCD tendencies at their finest.  Let me explain....there is a game Carter plays on the iPad where you earn "stickers" for winning games. I was playing it with him one day, and when he won a sticker, he immediately had to arrange it in the appropriate place.  Seriously?? He is a hot mess in so many areas of his life, but every now and then some little quirk pops up like this. No clue where he gets that. :)

Mother's day with my Grandma and mom/GranPam.  I have a 5 generation picture taken in this same house when I was not much older than Delaney.

I walked into our room the other night and found this set up. I have absolutely no idea what was going on in his head. He is very much into his imagination these days....tonight we had to avoid a certain area of the kitchen because it was a smoky forest that he had yet to dig out of.....

Yesterday we went to Micah and Aly's to help get some things done and ready for Jackson. Delaney had a nice little perch on Aly's belly.

I finally gave up on the crib hardware ever turning up and was able to find a very helpful company to order the replacement parts for. So we finally put the crib together last night, although I am still far from ready for Delaney to be in there at night! She did take an almost 3 hour nap in there today though, so I hope that is a good sign of how well she will do when I am ready for that transition.

A girl I was friends with in high school has a baby girl a few weeks younger than D, and her husband is also Mexican so her kids are half Hispanic. I saw a picture of her sweet baby girl wearing this outfit, and snagged it for our little Mexi baby too!  I remember wearing these dresses when I was little!

And thanks to the oppressing heat and humidity, we have already had our first play time in the sprinkler! 

No comments:

Post a Comment