Friday, May 3, 2013

This kid

It's no secret that three has been challenging. We have our good days and bad days, and days where I want to curl up in the fetal position and call my mommy to come make it all better. No one can figure out what makes this kid tick, and that is making disciplining hard. But in spite of all the challenges, he still makes us laugh constantly.
 
He's figured out how to take selfies with my iPhone

Telling his Kitty Washer goodbye. We left our "feral" barn cat at the barn, and poor Carter is still not over it. Too bad Daddy is more of the "the only good cat is a dead cat" camp, or we'd have a cat person on our hands.


When Christiaan tried to mow our yard, Carter had to help. I say tried, because the mower apparently needs some tuning up, after the winter, and we have since just paid neighborhood kids to mow. I love this picture because my mom has pictures of my dad and brother doing the same thing.

I don't remember where we had to go this day, but he got himself dressed in this get up and was quite proud of himself.

On a date with Mommy. I took him to Nicklerama, which is like Chuck E Cheese for poor folks, and he could seriously have stayed all day. He begged me to do this thing that is one of those ride type deals, complete with air blown at you and shaking seats. He chose the jet plane version, and after about 30 seconds I bailed because I thought I was going to lose my lunch, and he thought it was freaking hilarious.

Reminiscent of Jack, he created what he called a cheesecake. Complete with Froot Loops, turkey, cheese, carrots, and probably other stuff. EW.

 This is Chandler's guinea pig. Hilarious.
Underwear on the head is always funny

Looking cute before church

He went out back to catch bugs, but when I checked on him I found him hopping across the porch with the net over his face. I am praying that his behavior changes, so that I don't have to see this face on a security camera but under pantyhose instead of the net.

The jury is still out on who is responsible to teaching him the terminology of "popo."  We seriously have no clue where he learned it, or why he would know they will give you a ticket for not paying for your food.

Again, underwear on your head is ALWAYS funny

I made the mistake of leaving my pump bag in the backseat where he could get to it, and he played with the parts.  He kept saying "Thank you Mommy for my new rocket ships!!" Umm, no son.

We've added an element of independence with three....at Chipotle he snagged an available table so that he could eat alone.

In the throes of a massive hissy fit at church. I tried to catch the giant angry lip sticking out, but every time I looked at him he did this.
We are also on the verge of being able to claim potty training success. I don't want to count my chickens, but the amount of accidents are becoming fewer and far between.  And just as I figured he would, he pooped in the potty one day, and all the sudden he does it every day! We got bold and put him in undies during the day a few weeks ago, but he would hold the poop until he got a Pull-up on at night.  But now I guess he realizes how much easier it is, and prefers to use a toilet like a three year old should be.

Not that you care about Carter's bathroom habits, but truly this blog is going to take the place of the baby book or journaling that we all know I will never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment