Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Snow (Ice) Days

Just about the time that I thought we wouldn't get any frozen stuff this winter, we were hit pretty hard several times. The kids loved it! I pretty much had to stay on the porch, since pregnant and icy sidewalks don't exactly make a happy ending. But Christiaan was home two of the three days we had off school for the bad weather, so the kids still got to play outside.
Round one was basically solid ice




It didn't take long for cabin fever to set in


I let my kids check out the actual snow that showed up for round two
And a couple hours later it was basically a full on blizzard. Texas blizzard. And because I am the best teacher ever, I told them to bundle up and go have a snowball fight for 10 minutes.




Entertainment in the form of dress up clothes over jammies



I went to bed the night before round three fully expecting to be at work the next morning. They had forecasted a "light dusting" of snow. Christiaan came and got me out of bed about 10:30 or 11 to show me the light dusting. I promptly turned my alarm off.



A good 4-5 inches. Not a light dusting, by Texas standards.



You can't even see the stairs in our front walk! Dangerous!



No comments:

Post a Comment