Monday, June 28, 2010

Vacation Bible School

This past week we spent our mornings at VBS. I have been really looking forward to VBS this year since I would actually get to work the whole week instead of just one day, or not at all. I LOVE having summers off!! I was put in charge of getting the 3rd and 4th graders to and from all the stations, so Carter spent his first time in the nursery! He was the only baby, so of course he was rotten all week with all the people that came in to play with him. What a busy week we had! Chloe and Devin stayed with us 2 nights, then Christiaan came in Friday and we went to watch the OHBC softball games. Saturday we went swimming at Aunt K and Uncle D's pool, which Carter spent about an hour straight floating in the pool! He LOVES the pool! Sunday was the VBS wrap up service, and besides the kids from VBS being there, I got to see a few of my students from last year! I really do miss those kiddos!

Tell me why Carter decides to start crying everytime I am writing a blog post....anyone else have this problem?? Now you know why they are so few and far between....

ANYWAYS....here are a ton of pictures from what we have been up to this week!
Thanks Ms. Debbie for taking such good care of me at VBS!

Megan Smith, just one of the many visitors that came to the nursery to play with Carter! Pretty sure I changed her diapers when she was little....

Mom and Devin leading the music and motions

Cowgirl Chloe

Devin may R-U-N-N O-F-T with my child!

With Uncle Drew at church Sunday
Shane used Christiaan for an illustration during the sermon! He lassoed and tied him up, and then made him sit like that the whole sermon! Good thing it was short... :)
Check out these horses that Aly painted for VBS. She is incredibly talented!!
Carter helping GrandPam on the computer
We bought a little battery-powered fan and rigged it on the stroller, since Carter does NOT like to be hot! Works pretty well!
Carter and Brycen watching the softball games
That's all for now! Don't expect any updates until next week, because we are packing up again and heading back to Waco tomorrow, and will be there until next Tuesday! Lots of time with Christiaan and his family! And Carter's first 4th of July! I've got to be better about taking more pictures while we are there. I am taking my PPR test next Wednesday, the last test for official teaching certification. I am told it is easy, but I would definitely appreciate a prayer next Wednesday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment