Saturday, September 29, 2012

Carter's Pinterest Project

I have like, 5 bajillion things pinned on Pinterest that I a)have no knowledge of how to make, b)will never take the time to figure out, or c) wouldn't even know where to get the supplies for. But one day at the end of the summer I decided I was going to paint a picture for Delaney's room(um have you seen my artwork??) and I knew that the cheap canvases were sold in 2-packs at Hobby Lobby so I thought I'd let Carter do a painting, yet another thing I saw on Pinterest. Off to HL we went, where I let Carter help me pick out all the supplies. But because I don't trust myself when it comes to craft projects, we took it all to my mom's house and enlisted her help.

He wasn't too sure about using his hands to paint at first.


But clearly that didn't last long.


After directing me where to put the blobs of paint and covering almost every square inch of canvas, we used a blow dryer to speed up the drying. I had let him pick out some stamps to do on top of the hot mess of color.


He chose jungle animals of course. Mostly because of the lion and elephant.


Then I let him help me pull off the painters tape where I had spelled out his name.


He was so proud of his masterpiece!! He made me hang it on the wall over his toy corner at home. It's literally the only thing we have hanging on the wall in our whole apartment because I don't want to have to patch a bunch of holes when we leave here. But for him? It's worth it. :)



I would like to point out that there are no pictures of the painting for Delaney's room. Mostly due to the fact that the sack of supplies hasn't moved from the spot I put it when we got home that afternoon. Odds are that it will never get done, or I'll pawn it off on my super talented sister in law, who I should have just called to paint it in the first dang place.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment