Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Crazy Goon

Carter is really shaping up to be quite the little class clown.  I am shocked almost every day at some other thing he has said or done, and generally its done to get a laugh out of people. For posterity sake, and the fact that I never take the time to write anything down, I want to journal some of those things on his blog. You know, for the blog book that I'll never get around to creating. :)

Carter goes to a private daycare/preschool with my aunt Karen for half of the day, where she teaches part time in the class he actually is in right now. Her co-teacher is a lady that, well, I would not be able to work well with, but thankfully Karen is a much nicer person than me so she just writes it off as a personality clash and moves on.  Every so often a man called Mr. Chris comes to visit the kiddos and sing songs and usually brings different puppets. Apparently Carter eats this up and its the funniest damn thing he's ever seen, every. single. time. and gets quite into the whole show. A couple of weeks ago, Mr. Chris brought with him a monkey and a spider puppet.  Ms. L is apparently quite terrified of spiders, and when Mr. Chris produced the spider puppet from his bag she ran screaming like a little girl out of the room, arms waving in the air and everything.  Karen said the adults in the room were taken aback by a grown woman's inability to be in the presence of a stuffed spider, when suddenly my little angel, who had been laying on his tummy, head perched in his hands, fully immersed in Mr. Chris' show, jumped up and began to flail his arms and scream, not unlike what his teacher had just done.  Essentially, my two year old mocked his teacher for acting a fool. Under normal circumstances, I would be embarrassed about that, but homegirl was afraid of a stuffed spider puppet, therefore she deserves said mocking, amIright??  I mean, its no secret that my brain and body shut down in a full-fledged hysterical panic attack in the presence of snakes, especially free roaming ones that show up uninvited(see: snakes getting jiggy wit it in my garage), but a stuffed puppet would leave me unaffected.

The other night we went to Arby's for dinner.  After Carter was done eating, I got out the toy from his kid's meal and discovered it was actually a cool little parachute thing.  So I tell him, "Carter look! You got a parachute with your food!" And throw it in the air to demonstrate.  He looks at me blankly for a moment and reaches down to pick up the sandals he had worn that day.  He says "I have a pair of shoes." I said "no, I said para-SHOOT, T-T-T. You throw it up in the air and it flies down." He is staring at me blankly still, picks up yet another pair of nearby shoes and says "these a pair of shoes too."  At this point I'm dying laughing, and after a couple minutes of him staring at me like I was an idiot I convinced him to try throwing it up in the air as intended.  Maybe we ask for the younger toy next time??

One day last week I drove through Sonic on my way to pick Carter up and got us both slushies. I have craved these things almost constantly, so coupled with the 100 degree heat and the fact that my classroom AC was broken the first 2 weeks of school, I need all the frozen I can get. Problem is, he doesn't seem to understand the need to leave the straw in the cup and is constantly playing with it. While I was stopped at a light I turned back to make sure he wasn't making a huge mess, only to see him with the straw in his mouth, partially pulled out of the cup, and he was using his fingers to make it look like he was playing clarinet or recorder or something. I stealthily got my phone camera going and asked him what he was doing, and he replied, "just playing da horn."

One morning Christiaan was actually at home when we were leaving for the day because he has a weird schedule right now. Normally I turn off all the lights on my way out, leaving the house in total darkness since its so early still, and the last set of light switches is not very close to the door. Carter always holds the door open for me so that I can see to make it to the door using the porch light.  So when Christiaan walked us out yesterday, Carter was saying "no hold door, dat Carter's job help momma see!" He talked about it most of the way to Karen's, little creature of habit.

Last weekend while spending time in Southlake with my aunt we hit up a sale at Gymboree. Almost immediately Carter picked up a hairbow and insisted "buy for baby Waney momma tummy!" and literally wouldn't let it go until I paid for it! Thankfully it was on sale for very cheap, but how can you resist that sweetness anyways??

We have taken him to 2 high school football games, and he has been totally into every single aspect of the game, from the start to the finish. The mascots, drill team, band, almost all of the plays of the game, even the food people are eating. He talks about the things that he saw while there for DAYS on end.

One night last week Christiaan was mowing(poor dude has to use a push mower to mow all the land around the barn so it takes awhile)and Carter wanted to play outside and watch him. We were taking advantage of a beautiful evening outside and letting the dogs run free for awhile. Lola ran by and Carter took off after her saying "Wowa, guess what?? I gun chase you! Come back here!"

I found out yet another incident of Carter mocking his teacher....I am so proud.  So one of his little friends apparently caught a tummy bug, which caused him to suddenly squat in the middle of play time at school and have an "issue" right in the middle of all the kids.  It apparently caused quite a ruckus, and the poor little dude was flipping out, and it wasn't made any better by Ms. L's reaction to said issue.  Now, I understand that it is quite gross and very smelly, but if you worked with a bunch of toddlers everyday, wouldn't you get a bit used to that?? I know EXACTLY how rank and smelly it was, because Carter experienced the same "issue" this weekend, and no amount of Febreeze did away with the smell. So Ms. L was gagging and near puking, and Carter decided that was funny and so he started acting like he was puking too. He has demonstrated it for us many times in the last few days without being provoked. "Ms. L bleccchchhhh." I guess I need to take some of the blame for that one, because he probably saw me do it a few dozen times or more when I was battling morning sickness. Otherwise, I doubt he would have found it so hilarious.

One final story, and keep in mind these are only a few of what we witness. Last night he had been watching football with Daddy all day, and they showed a clip of some cheerleaders with pom pons. He said "Momma da girls wiggle wiggle wiggle!" And talked about it for the next couple of hours. Sometimes he said they "shake a shake a shake." Either way, not something I want my 2 year old being aware of!

Just some things/phrases he says a lot these days:

-what ya do-nenn(doing)
-wha happen??
-Lola kwiet!!
-Ga morning, kitty Washer!!( the "feral" barn cat greets us at the bottom of the stairs every day. Christiaan calls he/she, I've never looked, Washer, because it hid behind the washer for the first few days we had it. Dryer apparently met an untimely death or found better living quarters after only a couple of weeks living with us. The cat is OB.SESSED. with Carter, and gets in the car with us almost every morning. What cat voluntarily gets into the car?? Carter of course thinks this is hilarious.)
-Red light! Green light!(while riding in the car)
-talks a lot about grasshoppers, as they are invading us with all the fields surrounding us. The only bug he is afraid of. Except that when he says it, it sounds like he is foreign... gwass---HOPPA....complete with a pause in the middle and a severe emphasis on hopper
-wook a hi do!! (look what I do)


Some random stuff he is into:
-playing with his Hot Wheels, usually lining them up to race.
-All sports. Hike the football, kick the soccer ball(with the inside of his foot, might I add!), throw and catch a baseball, tetherball at my mom's, and is a bit obsessed with bouncy balls.
-playing games on the iPad. The other day he asked to play the "basekaball game with man." Then pointed to the stick figure in the logo on my school polo shirt. We had to find the NBA jams game that shows stick figures. Smart kid.
-We have to read a certain book every night, and he basically can recite it by now

No comments:

Post a Comment