Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dear Moron at the lab,

Hi, remember me?? The pregnant woman that you yelled at in front of a waiting room full of people, including several young children?? And tried to dispute the orders that my doctor had written? You know, the guy who actually went to med school.

Well I'm writing to let you know that you really shouldn't have messed with my blood test results just to try and prove your point. It just wasn't a good idea. Not only will your supervisor be getting a phone call Monday morning, but your location has been blacklisted by my doctor's office due to your rudeness and ineptness. Oh and also, when I receive the bill from the 3 hours of blood work that I was forced to endure due to your stupidity, you can bet your butt I'll be forwarding that on to your office to pay, along with a letter demanding reimbursement for the time I had to take off work to do said blood work. Time I didn't have to give, time away from my unborn daughter when it comes time for maternity leave. And I'll probably throw in the $98 bill that I received last week from your office for the botched blood work you did, just for good measure.

Let me give you a piece of advice--don't piss off a pregnant woman. I have no clue if you've ever been pregnant, but seriously?? Are you that ignorant that you don't know how hormonal and emotional we are?? As for me, I tend to have a short fuse in general with rude people, but toss in some stress and a buttload of pregnancy hormones and things get taken to a whole different level. Also, just be nice to be people. I'm aware you see all kinds of weirdos since you work at a lab, but not everyone coming in there is a crack whore getting her monthly STD test done. In fact, the people I saw there were normal, everyday people, adults and children, who's doctors sent then for blood work. They were likely a bit nervous in the first place, then you treat them like trash and that certainly doesn't put them at ease.

Maybe you were just having a bad day, maybe you hate your job, but for goodness sake. Please just suck it up and pretend to be nice to people for the 8 hours you are there. I promise, in the long run it will make you a happier person.

Sincerely,
Hormonal pregnant woman

P.S. here are the lab results from the 3 hours of blood work, which proves to me just how much tampering you did to the original results




3 comments:

  1. So maybe I shouldn't ask to not stir up more stress, but what did this guy do??? We're you there to do the three hour test and him make it a horrible experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, nevermind, I read your other posts. Why did he say you failed??? That doesn't make sense. Did he not show you the numbers as they were coming up? Either way, the numbers definitely don't show you as having gestational diabetes. Definitely an idiot that doesn't know what they are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well supposedly I got a 135 on the one hr test and my dr's cut off is 130. But the drink for the 3 hr test has twice the sugar content and half the fluid volume, and one hr after that the result was 119. And dropped drastically after that. So now I'm convinced that she did something to that original bloodwork!! Just adds more frustration to what I already am dealing with!

    ReplyDelete