Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ranger game fun

In May we decided we had better get to a Ranger game before the gates of hell opened up and it got too hot.  We took my mom with us, and prayed that both kids would behave for a couple hours.  Carter of course had the time of his life, as anything sports is obviously his happy place, and Delaney actually rolled with the punches quite well.  I used the game as an excuse to buy a newer and fancier umbrella stroller, and I may or may not now be obsessed with it.
 
The weather turned out to be very nice, with a slight breeze even. Of course we ate everything in sight, and Carter wasn't shy about putting away some delicious ballpark food. I know that some people would seriously frown upon my obsession with ballpark food, and especially that I allow my child to eat it, but alas, its in our blood. Blame his Grand Dude for it.
 
We did draw the line at letting him eat cotton candy, or hot'n candy as he calls it, for dinner, but insisted that he first eat something nutritious such as cheese fries or nachos. He wisely chose loaded nachos, and scarfed them down while keeping his eyes peeled for the hot'n candy man.  During a bathroom break, I let him peruse the small gift shop on the upper level, telling him that he could pick out one item, and his choice?? A pink bat. He also wanted the matching shimmery pink baseball, but I had to put my foot down about that one. Whatevs. He also picked out a Pez dispenser, and said that Delaney needed nothing because she was too little. (For the record, I tried to convince him that a Rangers toothbrush would be much cooler than a Pez dispenser)
 
Carter kept asking to see the fireworks, and lucky for us, the Rangers hit 2 home runs that night. One of them, he had been sitting with my mom and Nelson Cruz was up to bat when Carter started asking for fireworks again. My mom said "Carter, tell him Come on Nelly, hit a homer!" and I swear to you she hadn't so much as said those words when he did! Carter was in awe, like GranPam has super powers or something.
 
Things that I learned from this experience:
-Its really flipping hard to deal with 2 small kids, all while trying probably unsuccessfully to not piss off everyone around you (Although the people next to us were on their first date away from 6 month old twin girls!)
-ALWAYS take advantage of a grandparent to be an extra set of hands
-Fork out the money to get Carter his own dang seat
-Christiaan has taught Carter well when it comes to not leaving a game before its over
 
Excuse our stellar photography skills. We also learned that it was all we could do to snap a few pics with our iPhones.
 
 

Even got a couple of naps in

Nosebleeds, but a good view!

Hot'n candy, pink bat, and the sugar hyped eyes


She made me promise not to post this on Facebook, but she didn't say anything about the blog....




Oh this kid. My mom (and all the women in her family except me) can bust eardrums with her whistle, and Carter thinks that he can as well when he puts his hands in his mouth like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment