Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Birthday Party

I'm not even sure where to begin!




Last Saturday was Carter's birthday party. Clearly it got the best of me, as I am still recovering from it! I spent a good deal of spring break week preparing for it, stressing over details, lining up all my ducks, and it all boiled down to 2 hours.




It actually turned out pretty awesome, and man does that little kid have quite the following, because there must have been 50 people there! A little over the top, perhaps, but you only turn one once! The only thing missing was Daddy, since he has been in the hospital, but we got plenty of video to show him! Unfortunately, I guess all the planning stress and all the events with Dad last week lead to a migraine for me that started literally 45 minutes before the party started. I am so mad at myself still, because I was so out of it the whole time trying not to be sick that I couldn't enjoy the party like I had wanted and I also didn't take near the pictures I should have. So big thanks to those of you who grabbed my cameras for me and for those who shared their own pictures with me!





We had a small ball pit and Carter's tent and tunnel set up inside. There were bubbles and a playground outside.




One of the table decorations.





Fruit and veggies, and owl cupcakes. Shout out to Aly for helping me make all these things!





And another shout out to Aly for decorating the smash cake!





Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that Carter wouldn't have liked his cake! He barely touch it, and didn't eat a bite, and then cried when we tried to make him eat some! I later found out that Drew and Micah had stuffed him full of grapes just before cake time...thanks guys!









Just before the tears





So sweet!


After goiing down the slide that Nana gave him! He loves it!

He was even nice enough to share with Molly


Reading new books with GranPam


His present from Grandma and Grandpa. Its head and mouth move, and it makes horse noises. There are no words. There is also no room for this guy in my house. But I am sure that(once Carter isn't scared of it anymore)this guy will give many hours of fun! It is actually very neat, and if grandparents can't spoil a kid, no one can. At least if its big, it isn't real!

Speaking of being spoiled......
The presents table....

Which turned my den into this! Lots of clothes, toys, sippy cups! And a good deal of the toys can be put away for a few more months until he can understand them more, which is awesome!
Uncle Jason! Him, Edna, Jasmin, Julius, and Nana all drove in from Waco!

Nannie and me

Lala, Debbie, and baby Hollyn, Beverly and Brycen


Devo and her "nephew"

My high school BFF Emily and Carter's birthday buddy


Chelcie, who has about 2 and 1/2 months left before we meet her baby boy! Cannot wait! I miss this girl so much!


Brannan, Matt, and Brooke. I never really saw Jack because he was too busy playing!

Edna, Jason, Jasmin

Aunt Karen and Devin

I absolutely cannot believe that we have already celebrated Carter's first birthday! If this was supposed to be the slowest year, the rest are going to fly by! Thanks so much to everyone who came, and to everyone that helped me pull it off!


1 comment: