Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just a Random Conglomeration of Thoughts

Feel free to ignore this post

-I hate stopping in a drive-thru that is on the opposite side of the street as what I am driving on. I guess its because it means that upon leaving said place, I will have to drive across multiple lanes of traffic to go back in my original direction, which totally stresses me out. For instance, heading back from Target today(I know, I have a problem) I desperately wanted a strawberry lime slush from Sonic. It was 82 degrees, and it was happy hour.(Sonic happy hour, not the adult beverage happy hour. Although that would have been nice. Where's an Eskimo Hut when you need one?) But after acquiring my desired drink, I sat in the exit lane for a good 4 minutes waiting for the traffic to clear enough to cross. This caused the grouch behind me to honk, which caused my blood pressure to elevate. See what I mean?? Its downright annoying.


-This week has fallen to a level of sucky that I never expected it to. I won't bore you with the details, but ICK! The old, less responsible, non-mother of a toddler-me would have curled up in a chair in Brooke's garage with a my old friends vodka and Jaeger, and awoken the next morning hungover but a little less stressed. But that person is dead. Thank goodness. Although I could use a good dose of Brookie to cheer me up!


-I just referred to my child as a toddler as opposed to a baby. It literally makes me cringe to do so, but my weekly email from BabyCenter has begun calling him a toddler, and seeing as how he is now a year old and walking, I supposed I must make the painful transition. But he will ALWAYS be my baby!!


-I had lunch Tuesday with a group of girls that I went to school with that I had literally not seen in 11 years since I graduated. Some of them were my age, a couple younger, but all of us either had kids or were pregnant, and some both! (Not me) It was a very nice visit with them, and it was really funny to watch Shelby's little boy Aven and Carter talk to each other. They are 4 months apart, and Shelby and I went to school together since first grade!


-New rule: start saving for next child/children's 1st birthday party upon their birth. Dear Lord in heaven, this party is making me go broke! And stressing me out! I am not what you would call any sort of event planner or host, nor do I possess any decorating skills, so I didn't really know where to start. Hopefully though, I have all the necessary supplies and have recruited enough friends to help pull it together at the last minute. I cannot fathom what it takes to plan a larger event than this.

-Monday night we snuck Carter into Dad's room for a visit. The charge nurse had told us to, but I did get a nasty look from some random lady on the floor when she saw him. Oh well! I think it brightened Dad a little to get to see Carter on his birthday!
-And my little man's last bear picture. I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep doing these every month, now that he is one!

2 comments:

  1. Aww love lil Carter, and Im sure your Dad's day was made by his visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great seeing you! I cannot believe it had been 11 years...WOW!

    ReplyDelete