Monday, March 14, 2011

Well hello, Spring Break!

Busy, fast weekend!



Saturday was Molly's birthday party. She is Carter's birthday buddy. Emily and I agreed back at Christmas time that she would have Molly's party the Saturday before, and I would have Carter's party the Saturday after their birthdays! We will have to do this for many years to come! Emily is super creative, and so she organized a backyard barnyard theme at their house. It was a beautiful day, and she had the yard decorated so cute and kid-friendly. Her husband Blake made burgers and hot dogs, and they had a whole spread of kid-friendly foods. She even made and decorated Molly's cakes, which turned out amazing! I didn't get a picture of the main cake, but it was a red barn, and the smash cake was a black and white cow.



Play area with books and puzzles in one corner of the yard


Carter and the birthday girl conversing


Molly is such a big girl, properly using utensils to eat with!


Have you ever seen a baby this messy?? This is by far the best cake smashing I have ever seen!! She wasted no time digging into the cake and was mad when they took it away! I think she ate more icing than anything though, girl after my own heart! I can't wait to see what Carter does with his! I have a feeling that Molly has him beat though!


Carter LOVED Molly's slide!

We left straight from Molly's party and headed to Waco. Christiaan's sister Kristi was in visiting from Florida, and this was the only time we could get down there. We haven't seen her since August, and that was when Christiaan got mono, so he didn't really get to spend much time with her. It was way too short a visit, but great nonetheless!


We went over to see Christiaan's dad while we were in town


Who do you think Christiaan takes after?? He looks so much like his dad! We have a little bit of a dilemma, because Jazzy and JuJu already call him Grandpa, but since that is what we call my grandfather we need to figure out how to make the distinction for Carter. But then get this....both of their first names are Roy, so its not like we can say Grandpa Roy and Grandpa so-and-so! My best suggestion is that my grandpa is Grandpa Guthrie, since that is what we called his father since they were both named Roy. Are you totally confused now?? What are the chances though!?!?


Carter was hysterical! Kristi was holding his hands and Jazzy was jumping, and Carter just cackled like crazy!


He loves his cousins! And now that he is more mobile and can play with them, they are getting more and more funny! They have always loved to watch him, but its so cool to see them interact now that he is older.


Sorry Debra, I know you told me not to post this, but I thought it was too cute not to share! We miss you guys so much!

Fast trip, barely 24 hours, but at least we got to go! This week will be filled with birthday planning, visiting Dad at the hospital, and a trip to see my Keller peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Carters hair "in action" at the Birthday was cracking me up! Love the party pics such a great theme!

    ReplyDelete