Thursday, March 7, 2013

In which I lose my brain

Dear germs,

You suck.

From,
A mom who is tired of you

So you know how spring break gets this rep of being a drunken week of fun partying at the beach?? Umm well my spring breaks could not be farther from that. And that's ok, really, I can do without the drunken part, but a beach would be nice. Nope, instead mine seem to consist of sickness and drama.

This years debauchery?? Well I started off the week with a stomach virus and we are ending it up with a pneumonia diagnosis for Carter. Just in time for a swift trip to Waco for a wedding followed by a week of packing, moving, and unpacking. Sweet mercy.

You know, now that I think about it, if having a spring break from school is going to mean sickness and other hell, I could go straight through to the last day of school without a break. Since I've been teaching, every spring break has brought its own nonsense.

2010-went into labor with Carter, then grandpa almost died days later.
2011-major complications with Dad's leukemia, Mom at her breaking point, a migraine-ridden first birthday party for the kid
2012-Carter gets the flu the Tuesday before, followed by strep and bronchitis that week

And this year. I mean really. I'm fully aware that I have small children, which means lots of illnesses, but it's downright annoying. Obviously I can count on this trend continuing, and at least I know that something this time of year triggers Carter.

So I'm off to the land of germs, breathing treatments every 4 hours round the clock, 3 am feedings, and keeping a contagious 2 (almost 3!) year old away from an infant in a one bedroom apartment.

Be jealous, y'all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment