Saturday, July 6, 2013

Zoo Day

Some mom friends of mine from church decided to take advantage of the unseasonably cooler weather we had last week and visit the Dallas Zoo. Because I am too cheap to pay $8 for parking and also not a fan of driving downtown in rush hour traffic, I decided to take the train. I also found out that on Monday and Tuesday you get $2 off zoo tickets if you ride the train. Sold! But the night before, I got nervous about managing 2 kids alone with the DART crazies, and invited my mom to join us. Thank goodness I did, because by the time we had been at the zoo for a half hour, I probably would have been chunking myself into the lion pit or crying in the fetal position if I was alone.

We had a good day though, and Carter definitely enjoyed the zoo. Delaney did really well too, going back and forth between the stroller and the Moby wrap. I am still a big fan of the Waco Zoo though!

Waiting for the train


Delaney has no idea what is going on

We made it!

Right off the bat he asked to ride the carousel. Another reason I was so glad my mom was there....I would have puked riding that thing!

When Carter was about a month old, I met my class at the zoo on their field trip, and took a picture like this with him.

In the original picture he was only slightly taller than the short penguin!









A monkey on a monkey. Ha

These giant koi were begging for food

He thought it was so funny that they were opening their mouths!

The end of a long day

And of course what did he pick out from the gift shop?? A sucker.

Downtown from the train

The red line train goes right under Reunion Tower

They both passed out on the train!

No comments:

Post a Comment