Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Award

(I really should have titled this post "I've been trapped in my house for going on 3 days and my dear, sweet friend Meagan tagged me in her blog awards post so I'm writing this post")

Like I said, Meagan awarded me one of her ten spots for her Stylish Blog awards. I met her about 4 years ago when my BFF Brooke moved into the infamous Saratoga neighborhood. We discovered we have some random things in common, for instance, how our heart rates increase at the mere mention of THUNDERSTORMS! or TORNADO! or SNOW! This also included our affection for the beloved Troy Dungan of WFAA fame. Along with Brooke and Meagan's BFF Chay, we have had many intense marathon girl conversations over these last few years. Meagan and her hubby Adam had their first baby, sweet Miss Preslie back in August. I miss her terribly!

So here are the rules she gives for the awards:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award ten great bloggers. (I am probably not going to be able to come up with ten, because a lot of my favorite blogs are random strangers that would probably think I was a stalker if I tagged them!)
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

Seven things about me

1. Although my career choice has ended up being a 2nd grade teacher, some others that were seriously considered were storm chaser(no, for real), nurse(made it halfway through nursing school before I quit), a brief career as an office manager for a propane company(possibly the most unglorious office job ever), and I worked in banking all through college. Someday, if I ever get tired of teaching for some reason, I may go back to nursing school. But ultimately? If I was rich? I would buy a huge piece of land and open a no-kill animal shelter that would accept any type of creature, with the exception of snakes.

2. I am terrified of snakes. Like immediate panic attack ensuing-can't even see them on TV or in a book-avoid the reptile house at the zoo-scared of snakes. Seriously, if you decide you hate me and want to see me turn from a (mostly)put together and calm in emergency situations person to a crying, screaming, jumping on the nearest couch while trying not to pass out person, please put a live snake in my presence. I quit Girl Scouts in elementary school because I found out that my troop leader had a pet python in their master bedroom, and I couldn't bring myself to walk into their house. I have to quit writing about them now because I am getting the creeps.

3. I went for somewhere around 3 years without eating meat, until about halfway through my pregnancy. I have never really cared for meat of any kind, especially red meat, and one day it literally just disgusted me and I quit eating it. I have not given it up again after Carter was born, but I still could go without eating meat. I would prefer veggies of any kind, and if I do eat meat it is generally fish, chicken, ground turkey, an occasional steak, and hot dogs. Along these lines, I only drink water. I have never in my life drank a coke of any kind.

4. I love hot dogs. The best ever are at Rangers games. Dollar Dog Night was the greatest invention ever. The first one that I attended was on my 18th birthday, and before I knew it I had put away 8 hot dogs, loaded with all four available toppings. Please refrain from reminding me of what they are made of, I just don't care.

5. I have been known to state my opinion, even if you didn't ask for it. I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing, as it has definitely gotten me in trouble on more than one occasion, but I think that maybe people won't see me as fake. What you see is what you get. I am trying to work on controlling my opinions more though. :)

6. God has blessed me by putting some of the most amazing people in my life. Starting with my parents and the rest of my incredible family, all the way down to my awesome friends. I definitely never lack for support on any occasion in my life, most evidenced by all that has happened in the last year and a half. This could be a whole blog post in itself!

7. I can't think of anything for #7, so I'll give the straight facts, I have an amazing boyfriend named Christiaan, a ridiculously cute son named Carter, a multi-colored-eyed mutt named Libby, a chocolate Lab puppy named Lola, and a bunch of fish. I love Rangers baseball, medical TV shows, stalkingreading other people's blogs, and laughing with my friends.

People I Tagged

1. Emily. She and I met the first week of our freshman year of high school, danced together and were best friends all through high school. She is one of the few people from high school that I have kept in regular contact with since HS, and oddly enough, our babies were born on the same day! She was induced just hours before my water broke, so Carter and her Molly are birthday buddies!

2. Brianna. Ok, she hasn't written a single blog post yet since I finally convinced her to start blogging last week, but she assures me that she will write one tomorrow, as she is also trapped in her house. She and I have known each other since she was born, as our parents were best friends through church when we were young. We sorta lost touch over our teenage and young adult years, but have reconnected in the last few years and our boys are a month apart.

3. Shiloh. She is my second cousin. We are the same age, and her daughter Addie and Carter are a few months apart. She and her husband live in Colorado. (Jealous!!)

4. Chay. She is Brooke's neighbor and Meagan's BFF. She has a hilarious husband named Jake and their adorable little Bentley is a couple months older than Carter. I'll tag you Chay Chay, even though Meagan didn't! :) hehe

5. Kathy. I met her in nursing school, only she actually finished! We recently reconnected through Facebook, as she lives with her husband and 3 gorgeous kids in Canada!

6. Katie. She teaches 4th grade at my school. She is truly an amazing teacher and an inspiration to me. She and her husband have 2 precious baby girls that are about a year and a half apart! Brave souls!

Ok, so I only have 6. Sorry. I normally don't participate in survey type thingys on email and such, but this was actually fun! And please, someone give me a pat on the back for figuring out how to make hyperlinks in a post!

P.S. Pat yourself on the back if you read this whole thing.
P.P.S. I wish I always had enough time to post the amount of blogs like I have this week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I inspired you!! Chay's internet and TV are out UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY, so I think I dodged the bullet with her being left off my list. She NEVEEVEVEVER updates!!! And by the way, me and P (and Helen Keller) miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be tagged! You are so cute! I think I should do this blog today...going a little crazy with snow day #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for tagging me Audrah! Mine is more pictures than actual writing, oh well! At least someone appreciates my blog! I enjoy reading your too!

    ReplyDelete