Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmaggedon 2011

Good gravy its cold outside.

I wish I could say I was excited enough about the "snow" to go outside and play in it, but its really more along the lines of a skating rink, roughly from the edge of the porch as far as the eyes can see. And I seem to have misplaced every single one of the 30 pairs of gloves and mittens that I own. I have a feeling that a few of them are in the trunk of my car, but it is frozen solid. I ventured out to move Mom's car from in front of the mailbox earlier and after slipping and sliding to the car and back, I was a frozen popsicle. Apparently the temperature has reached a low that Uggs and Green Poofy cannot even help. So, we are staying indoors!

What I am super excited about is the day off from school! Especially since Dad was released from the hospital yesterday to spend a few days at home! I just wish I would not have doubted Pete Delkus' forecast and brought home some stuff to work on.

Last week I discovered an app for my iPhone called Blogpress that is super easy to post from! I was never able to figure out how to post both text and pictures through mobile blogging, so I gladly paid the $2.99 app fee for this thing. Bonus...I can even post the videos that I take on my phone!

I would like to pass along grand stories of all the adventures we have had over the past week, but aside from Carter getting new shoes that help him walk even better, I honestly cannot even remember anything else. Oh and when I had my hair appointment last weekend, Mindy gave me a brand new product that has changed my life. Its perfect for me since I wear my hair wavy a lot, and it is much better than my current means of styling because it isn't stiff like mousse or gel. And it smells AMAZING!

(How lame am I, that the highlights of my week were my son walking and a new hair product??)
(Carter walking is HUGE though!)

Is anyone else ready for the Super Bowl to be over so the media will go back to reporting important things, like shootings and robberies in South Dallas? OVER IT! I am giggling inside though thinking about Jerry Jones popping Xanax so he doesn't lose it over how this weather is affecting his income.

Alright I guess that is enough rambling.


Just a little late on these! 10 month bear pictures! Didn't really get many good ones this time.
We decided to try moving the location of the photo shoot to the rocking chair, but it wasn't much easier!

Sweet boy!

We took advantage of the unseasonably beautiful weather and played outside a little on Sunday. I am pretty sure that Toby the Cat weighs more than Carter does!

Look at my big boy!




Carter has started doing this new thing where he sits completely still for a few seconds and then jerks his whole body, and you have to act like it scared you! I would love to catch it on video, but he usually does it during diaper change time so I don't exactly have a free hand to video! :) He's a total ham though.
Sorry for the complete randomness of this! My brain is mush these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment