Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ok, we are getting desperate over here!

So I know that I have been a little out of it lately, but did I move north of the Red River and totally block that out? Last time I checked, I still lived in DFW.....more snow forecasted overnight and another winter storm possible next week? Lord, when I prayed for a snow day this is not what I meant. Maybe I should be more specific....

So today we have hit a wall of boredom. My child, who is used to bouncing all over the place and being dragged everywhere with us, has not stepped foot out of the front door since Monday night. And even though I have long thought that he has a ridiculous amount of toys, he is totally bored by each and every one of them now. So today we got a little creative. This morning my mom filled a baggie with shaving cream and a couple drops of food coloring, taped it shut, and, well, he tried to eat it. Totally missed the point there. He spent most of the day in full destructive mode, and even a bath didn't create enough of a diversion! Tonight after he stole the paper plate off my lap and went to town with it, I put some dry pinto beans between 2 others and taped the edges shut, and that was some good entertainment for awhile!

This afternoon I decided that icey roads be darned, I needed out for a minute. Dad needed a prescription picked up from Tom Thumb, so I jumped at the chance to get it for him. I was going to take Carter with me, despite the frigid temps, but just walking out to warm up my car I almost fell several times, on the grass even. So he stayed with GranPam while I got the prescription and some essentials:

ingredients for homemade pizza
Double Stuff Oreos
diapers
freezable teething toy
toddler snack cup
mini light saber
inflatable punch balloon
peppermint mocha Starbucks
two party burritos from Taco Bueno

The light saber and punch balloon were entertaining for approximately three minutes a piece, the snack cup was promptly thrown across the kitchen in frustration after the cheerios would not pour easily out, and the teething toy was later used as an ice pack after Grand Dude's walker was mistaken for a jungle gym.

Y'all.

I'm done. I should have gotten some Baileys for my Starbucks. Anyone want to rescue me??

I know I should be grateful for all this time with Carter, but we are not sit around the house people, we are we have 5 million things on our daily agenda people. This is totally throwing him(and me!) out of whack!

I do think that this unusual weather is a sign from God. One that has nothing to do with global warming(I have opinions about that anyways), or a warning about the end of times. My reasons are two-fold. One, what better timing that Dad has been allowed a week at home after over a month at the hospital, and I am forcibly made to stay home from school. Praise God. Two, Jerry Jones, you are a fool for throwing money away like you do. Take the hint, quit flaunting your billions and pass it along to others who are in need, like my more than deserving parents. Seriously, how much more of a slap in the face straight from heaven can you get??

Anyways, we may have to get even more creative with entertainment tomorrow if we can't leave the house again. I am going to attempt to clean out my closet. Oh, and glory hallellujah, I found my favorite cozy mittens in a bag in my closet, just in time to scrape the ice off the sidewalk!

Stealing Grand Dude's Froot Loops

Playing in his tent
The plate he stole from me

The new instrument

Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Hey...at least you have one that CAN entertain THEMSELVES. I have one who has been screaming allllll day long and demands to be held!!!

    ReplyDelete