Friday, February 4, 2011

It's White Out Here

This morning at about 6:15 Christiaan sent me a text message telling me that it was white outside. Mr. Delkus had said on his 10:00 forecast that we should expect 1-2 inches of snow, so when I looked outside and saw ALL THE WHITE Christiaan had told me about, I knew Pete was sorely mistaken. I have to wonder if Troy Dungan would have been so off in his prediction.

So its a good thing that school had already been called off last night.

The back yard
RUNNING in the snow. Libby has 2 speeds in the snow: stop, and LIGHTING BOLT AROUND THE YARD!!!!
Heaven forbid she miss a meal. She made sure to dig out her bowl and remind me that she hadn't eaten yet. (This is one of the few STOP modes)
Brave enough to touch it!
ALL THE WHITE!!!! Glorious, beautiful, powdery snow!
We had a little accident. Apparently the lingering ice was still in fact slippery underneath the 6 inches of snow. Carter and I found this out the hard way. Luckily, we landed in the grass in a large snowdrift. I know, I know, Mother of the Year. (Yes, those are sandals on top of the PJ's. I don't have any shoes sized big enough to go over socks AND terry cloth jammies.)
Front of the house. My car is buried!
Last night Mom, Christiaan, and I chiseled the ice off the sidewalk so that Dad could get down it this morning for his appointment. We had to shovel and sweep 6 inches of snow off of it today, and then pour rock salt, only to find out they rescheduled his appointment. The doctor couldn't even make it in to the clinic!!
An attempt later in the day, after SEVERE cabin fever was setting in. It went much better, but we stayed on dry ground this time. Yes, I said DRY ground, thankyourocksalt.


Cleaning off this light....
And cleaning off that light!!
I swear, if I wake up and there is a fresh blanket of unpredicted snow, actual blood will be shed. I'm pretty sure Carter's head actually spun on its axis on more than one occasion today. He's not even eating normally! Last time I checked, the high is supposed to be 41 tomorrow, and as soon as a path clears, I'm headed to my beloved Target. And we are going to have Christmas with my mom's family tomorrow evening. Aren't you at least a little bit jealous that our Christmas will actually be white? :)

1 comment: