Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Romero's Come to Visit

This past Saturday, some of Christiaan's family came to visit for the day. Friday was his niece Jasmin's 7th birthday, and since we haven't been able to go visit in Waco since Christmas, they decided to come up here. His mom, brother Jason and his wife Edna, and the kids Julius and Jasmin drove up early Saturday and we met them at the American Girl store. Christiaan about had a heart attack when he saw the prices of those dolls! He is in for a shock if we ever have a girl! Jasmin used some of her birthday money to help purchase a doll that looks a lot like her, and an ice skating outfit for her. That place was CRAWLING with little girls, all carrying their own doll, and both the dolls and the little girls were dressed to the nines.

Carter was demonstrating his walking skills since they hadn't seen it in person yet.

Jazzy and her doll

Edna helping her dress the doll. It ended up taking both of us to get that doll's dang clothes on!! I'm a little out of practice with the doll dressing stuff.

So cute!


I love this picture! Those 2 kids LOVE their baby cousin, and I wish we could see them more!

In front of the store
Then we spent a good portion of the rest of the day in the Galleria. We covered many shops, ate lunch, and SOME of us went ice skating. (More on that in a minute...)

Jazzy and JuJu were watching the ice skaters, and Carter wanted in on it. He wanted to do everything they did! In this picture, Debra was trying to trick Christiaan into thinking that Carter had thrown his binky over the edge, but little did she know that earlier in the day he had actually thrown it off of Christiaan's balcony. I'm surprised it didn't end up on the skating rink!
So. The kids wanted to skate, but none of the adults wanted to. Not even their own parents. I declined, because I have done plenty of ice skating in the last 2 weeks, thankyouverymuch, but I dare you to turn down a begging birthday girl, and her momma who is promising to buy you a Starbucks. Alas, I drew the short straw and laced up my rented skates for the first time in about 7 years.

This is how we all 3 started. It didn't really get much further away from the wall than this either!
Then Julius got the hang of it and ventured off the hand rail.... While Jasmin and I posed for pictures about every round...

And stuck pretty close to the wall!
It was fun, and you will be glad to know that I managed to stay upright the entire experience, but I do not see that becoming my new hobby. Although Christiaan said I should in order to build up my weak ankles that essentially have no cartilage left. Um, no thanks.

Can't get enough of each other!

After we had seen every square inch of the mall(and I discovered that Nordstrom.com was not lying, and they in fact, did not have my coveted Uggs in stock. Sad day.), we decided to go to Main Event to see what kind of trouble fun we could find. We ended up bowling, which is always a good time!
Carter hung out with Nana

We went bowling on our first date, and this was the first time we had been since then!



The birthday girl kicked our butts! Although, she did play with bumpers(which, by the way, you could automatically program them for certain people! How cool!)so I am not sure that really counts...but as you can see, I had such a stellar score anyways. I would like to point out that I beat Christiaan by one point. Perhaps this should be our new past time.

Poor guy was beat from all the excitement, and passed out cold on Nana!
We were so glad to see them! We wished the rest of them could have come too, but maybe another time. With Christiaan's odd work schedule during all his training, it has really not been possible to go to Waco lately. Bummer.
Sunday was so beautiful that we spent some time eating leaves playing in the front yard.


See? Leaves are yummy. I missed that memo.



Attempting to catch a cute photo op, and Libby felt left out.

Bright light ruined it, but cute anyways!



Have a good week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment